Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Seeing RENAISSANCE!

Can't believe it's taken me a week to blog this, but I saw RENAISSANCE at the Atlanta Variety Theatre on April 23. They're touring with 'Turn Of The Cards/Scheherazade' and a special "Carpet Of The Sun" for our departed Michael Dunford. They also encore with 2 songs from their latest 'Grandine Il Vento'. I bought a copy at the show, and so far I like it. BEAUTIFUL cover art by Annie.

Speaking of whom, after 38 years I've finally met Annie Haslam, one of my main vocal influences. I stayed late to meet her and the band (essentially her band, now). I asked her to sign my CD of  'A Song For All Seasons' "to Vallin SFAS" while I gave her my elevator story of the origin of "SFAS". I also shared my little joke about "Ashes Are Burning-Stairway To Heaven-All Along The Watchtower" and swapping the vocal styles.

No comments: